Day School Report (March 2017)
Day School Report
Day School Report
- Trinity’s coed soccer team consisting of students in grades 6th through 8th finished their season.
- Trinity’s girls’ volleyball teams consisting of a JV team with students in grades 5th and 6th and a Varsity team with 7th and 8th graders finished their seasons.
- The Rainbows program run by Joyce Leverenz and Barb Chin provided kindness, support and understanding to children who were working through the loss of a loved one or divorce.
- Students in several grades participated in raising money for the Feed My Starving Children charity. Twenty-four 5th graders went on a field trip to the Aurora location and packed meals. Thirty-six 4th graders volunteered at the FMSC mobile event on Friday, October 21st. They packed meals and learned that helping those in need really feels great. It was amazing to see their faith grow as they worked together in a project that is so crucial to the survival of so many.
- Red Ribbon Week sponsored by Student Council was celebrated throughout the school with daily devotions dedicated to educating children on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- The Middle Grade Choir presented a special Veteran’s Day Service on November 9th in the evening as well as on November 11th during a special chapel service for the Students, Veterans and their guests.
- Trinity’s PTL, through the help of the school’s hot lunch program served a Thanksgiving Feast to over 335 students, faculty and staff.
- Trinity’s Jr. High theater group performed the one act show, With Love from Me to You written by Laura Piel.
- A special day for all was celebrated when the students invited their grandparents or a special person to enjoy a worship service, book fair, and musical presentation.
- The Cherub Choir with children in grades 2nd and 3rd performed the operetta, Starry Night, Noisy Night.
- Trinity’s Student Council sponsored a Jr. High Dance for students and friends in grades 6 through 8 in December.
- Principal Gliege and Trinity’s PTL treated 17 students who achieved a 4.0 or better G.P.A. to lunch at Culvers as part of the Principal’s Lunch honor roll program.
- Students in Trinity Chimes, Trinity Singers and the Middle Grade Choir participated in the Lessons and Carols church services.
- Students in grades 4 through 8 competed in a Geography Bee. The winner has the opportunity to compete for a spot in the state Geography Bee held in Champaign, IL.
- We celebrated National Lutheran Schools Week with school wide devotions, a pep rally, a dance-a-thon, the annual 1st grade vs 2nd grade basketball game, and special spirit days.
- Students in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade created and presented projects from around the world for the Social Studies Fair held at night during National Lutheran Schools Week.
- 17 students in 7th and 8th grade were selected to complete a questionnaire and if selected an interview for the Dan Lipinski’s All American Girl and Boy award.
- 25 students in 5th grade attended a week long outdoor education program at Walcamp in Kingston, IL.
- Girls in grades 4th through 8th are currently participating in basketball.
- Donations and preparations are underway for the school auction occurring on April 22nd.